Dormitory Amenities & Utilities
Living on campus is about more than a room - it is about being a part of a dynamic campus community. Students have open access to fitness rooms, ping-pong and aerobic facilities, laundries, hobby clubs, such as a handicraft club ‘Rukodelnitsa’, intellectual clubs ‘Erudite’, ‘What?Where?When?’, ‘A Young Family’ club, drawing, chess, as well as a Center of Psychological Aid.
All the computers in the dormitories are united into one University local network with the Internet connection and have access to BSUIR e-library and the Virtual Reading Hall of the National Library of Belarus.
Standard Room Furnishings
Whether you will be living with one or two other students, the University Housing Office provides these basic furnishings for every student in the room:
• Bed & mattress
• Bed linen & towel
• Desk & chair
• Wardrobe & nightstand
• Overhead lighting
• Smoke detector
• Kitchen & bathroom furniture
- Each international student must apply for a place in the dormitory 14 days before arrival (especially part-time students). Please contact the International Students Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortly after arrival each student must conclude a Rental Agreement (Please turn to Housing Officer at Kolasa str. 28, Dormitory No.1, office 109). This procedure is obligatory to get a residence permit
- Students are responsible for making payments for on-campus housing accurately and by the due date (before the 25th of each month). Late payment penalties will be charged at a rate of 0,3 per cent of the payment amount for each day of delay
- Every month students must turn to the Dormitory Head or the Student Accounts Office for the information on due bills and bank payment details. Payment receipts shall be provided to the Resident Assistant of the respective dormitory
- Each student must inform the International Students Office or Deans Office about the departure date 14 days prior
- It is obligatory to return the Dormitory ID Card, keys, linen, and all assets, received against signature, to the Dormitory Head when checking-out (the same procedure applies to leaving the dormitory on vacations)
- It is forbidden to smoke and drink alcohol in the dormitory
- All dormitory premises should be kept cleaned and with working condition equipment
- Equipment, furniture and other household items damaged or lost by students are to be compensated by students themselves.